Technical Program Manager, Functional Safety
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
With the widespread interest in SiFive solutions and the RISC-V architecture across the industry, the demand is strong and increasing for use in markets such as Automotive, with the additional special requirements and methodologies required for solutions in this area. To address this challenge, this position is for a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead Functional Safety (FuSa) programs, reporting into the Program Management Office (PMO) within SiFive. The primary charter for this group is to coordinate, lead and track cross functional execution on key FuSa programs in the company through the entire product life cycle (PLC). As a TPM at SiFive, you will work with engineers passionate about designing industry-leading CPU cores, the tools, software and infrastructure to realize that vision, and product managers and marketing personnel to include business goals and metrics for a program. SiFive is a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of opportunity, and we are looking for people who are as excited as we are about bringing new IP and complete solutions to market quickly, with high quality, and exceptional performance.
SiFive has a Functional Safety Manager, so this is a complementary role with the Program Management organization to lead the planning, execution and tracking on programs for product development requiring some level of Functional Safety.
- Manage programs that are related to the development of CPUs and CPU sub-systems for different classes of implementation and applications requiring ASIL B – ASIL D level Functional Safety (FuSa).
- Example programs can range from high end CPU with major new features, to MCU and deeply embedded processor core IP.
- Coordination with key customers, and also includes associated software tools, libraries, development systems as part of the deliverables for the program.
- Close cooperation/collaboration with the Functional Safety Manager to establish the requirements and deliverables for each FuSa program.
- Collaborate with stakeholders/technical leads in cross-functional teams to develop schedule, resourcing allocation, and overall plan to meet program goals.
- Build a plan for effective execution, monitoring/tracking and identifying critical paths, program risks and issues, from planning through execution, delivery, and support phases.
- Co-ordinate cross-functional group activities, track dependencies. Drive teams to meet schedules and goals.
- Participate in technical discussions, be able to resolve high-level project issues.
- Lead tasks, issues reporting and resolution.
- Responsible for effective and consistent communication and reporting of overall program status.
- Participate in developing, improving project, program management and product life cycle processes.
- 4+ yrs of experience with CPU, GPU, or compute element design background. Technical design engineering knowledge is required.
- 5+ yrs of technical leadership and program management experience leading compute element programs across cross-functional teams, including hardware and software engineering, and product marketing teams.
- Previous experience with managing programs targeted for FuSa applications.
- Familiarity with the ISO 26262 standard and requirements
- Track record of driving project development and program management across cross-functional teams with well-defined metrics, from concept through tape-out.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and can drive engineering decisions.
- Proficiency with Git/Github, JIRA, Smartsheets, Confluence.
- Excellent organization, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Experience with project and program management tools and processes for effective and efficient planning and execution.
- BS/MS degree in EE, CE, CS or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
Preferred but not required:
- Semiconductor and Semiconductor IP specific experience is a plus