Lead Application Engineer - IP
At Open-Silicon, a SiFive company, we design, develop and deliver advanced semiconductor solutions for a range of verticals and industries. We invented RISC-V, and our extensive line-up of best-in-class RISC-V processor cores has over 150 adoptees worldwide, including tier-1 semiconductor companies. Our custom SoC division delivers ASICs in the most advanced technology nodes and enjoys close partnerships with all leading silicon foundries. We push the envelope on advanced ASICs for artificial intelligence and machine learning. Our ASICs are also seen in satellite communication systems, IoT and extreme low-power mobile devices. We are leaders in high-speed networking and memory interface IP. With our expertise in package-silicon codesign, we belong to the technology elite that can deliver leading-edge products based on 2.5D interposer technology and 3D packaging. We have a global presence with multiple development centers in North America, Europe, China, Korea and India. Our design centers in India, located in Bangalore and Pune with additional sites under development, drive innovation and deliver solutions across our product portfolio. To support our growth and expansion plans, we are hiring across disciplines, including SoC architecture, analog design, logic design and verification, DFT, physical design, embedded software and board and system design.
- Experience in Semiconductor IP/Library Design or Application Engineering for cell libraries, embedded memories (SRAMs, TCAMs), IOs, DDRx/PCIe/USB/MIPI PHYs/High Speed Serdes, Analog blocks, ARM Cores, System Interconnects/Peripherals etc.
- Experience on the circuit/layout design of IPs with excellent communication skills is preferred.
- Work very closely with ASIC IP Vendors & customers across the world in defining, qualifying and integrating the IPs for different applications Work with Program Manager and Delivery Managers to manage the IPs through the lifecycle of the project Provide product and technical support to internal/external Engineering teams on the integration and usage of IPs
- Generate IP application notes and checklists for different IPs being used in a design
- Manage various IP deliverables to design team and customers for the projects
- Contribute to the improvement of IP QA flow by adding more checks/checklists to the process
- Participate in weekly meeting with customers and manage the IP programs for the assigned projects
- Support pre-sales team on technical inputs for IP Solutions Generate and review circuit design specs and participate in the circuit development of analog/mixed signal blocks going into memory PHYs and/or SerDes with the IP vendors.
- Experience in analog /mixed signal circuit design and/or DDRX PHYs/SerDes. The key word is circuit design.
- Experience running Signal and Power Integrity in channel simulations.