ProductsSiFive Core IPSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
Sr Field Applications Engineer
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
This role is part of SiFive CX organization, reporting to the Director of Field Applications Engineering. As a Senior FAE, you will own and drive pre-sales technical discussions with current and prospective customers around CPU, SoC architecture, Security & Software/firmware requirements, and articulate a solution based on RISC-V CPUs that can bring a differentiated value proposition to the customer needs. You will work closely with the Sales team to help meet Sales targets, you will also act as the customer’s voice within the company, to enable delivery of market focused solutions for our customers. The ideal candidate will have some background in CPU micro-architecture, firmware development & SoC implementation. Prior experience in a customer facing support/pre-sales role would be added advantage.
- Work with sales teams and take technical ownership of sales process;
- Understand customer’s technical requirements & propose solutions to help build best in class RISC-V SoCs;
- Own and drive customer product evaluations, create and perform product demos, run customer benchmarks or PPA analysis on customer configurations, FPGA bring-up;
- Provide technical product training to customers;
- Be the voice of the customer internally with an ability to clearly articulate detailed technical requirements to various internal stakeholders;
- Support Marketing activities as needed, in the form of webinars, blog posts, writing application notes, supporting trade-shows.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, 3-6 years of proven experience;
- Experience with CPU IP based on RISC-V, ARM, MIPS, or others;
- Experience with embedded software development tools;
- Track record of successful customer engagements.