ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
Parallel Compute Algorithm Expert
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive is proud to take a software-first approach to develop tools and frameworks that achieve cutting-edge performance without compromising quality. SiFive's Intelligence processors make us of and extend RISC-V Vectors to accelerate AI applications for the edge and beyond. Our Core IPs navigate tradeoffs between performance, power, and area, but do not sacrifice flexibility or programmability. Our software stack is co-designed with the hardware, and developed with scalability and quality in mind. Join us to create revolutionary software from the ground up.
We are looking for an experienced parallel computing/algorithm engineer passionate about using hardware and software innovation to optimize algorithms in AI and other domains. The candidate must demonstrate strong knowledge of hardware architecture and algorithm optimization. In addition, the candidate must show a track record of developing optimized production software and debugging and tuning algorithms for performance.
- Developing highly tuned algorithms for RISC-V Vectors and SiFive AI Intelligence extensions.
- Working with the hardware and architecture teams in the early stages of product development to navigate tradeoffs in the architecture, microarchitecture, and algorithm implementations.
- Closely collaborating with the Frameworks and Compilers teams to develop a programmable, flexible and scalable software and tools to enable the SiFive Intelligence platform.
- Masters or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field.
- Strong in algorithms, parallel computing, and linear algebra.
- 3+ years of experience in algorithm optimization to target parallel hardware such as GPUs, SIMD, or similar.
- Proven experience working close to and understanding the hardware, and optimizing algorithms for specific hardware implementations.