Architect - Networking Solutions
SiFive is the leading provider of market-ready processor core IP, development tools and silicon solutions based on the free and open RISC-V instruction set architecture. Led by a team of seasoned silicon executives and the RISC-V inventors, SiFive helps SoC designers reduce time-to-market and realize cost savings with customized, open-architecture processor cores, and democratizes access to optimized silicon by enabling system designers in all market verticals to build customized RISC-V based semiconductors.
This is a unique opportunity to become one of the founding members of the Data Center (networking solutions) group here at SiFive. You will drive the definition of a networking SOC in a cross-functional work environment by using your solid understanding of packet processing hardware architectures, their trade offs, and their deployment in targeted markets. Bring your familiarity with the workings of open industry standard software and workloads and your demonstrated prior experience in the architecture and design of networking chips for packet processing/offload in the data center and edge markets. Let's have a revolution!
- Recognize the importance of good communication and documentation in cross functional roles to ensure that both external and internal teams are in sync during the project life cycle.
- Interact with potential customers to gather feature requirements.
- Propose architectural solutions to meet business and engineering requirements.
- Analyze trade-offs and generate specification with agreed upon assumptions.
- As a continuous process during the project life cycle, work with internal (business and engineering) and external teams to react to any changes in assumptions and adjust plans to meet agreed upon goals.
- Drive meetings with internal teams to continuously track project milestones and advise action as appropriate.
- Keep customers and external partners abreast of changes in project definition and milestones as appropriate.
- Ensure that SOC meets specifications.
- Be a hands-on contributor in the design and analysis of desired solutions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree (BS/MS) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or an equivalent field plus at least 15 years of experience in the architecture and design of networking ASICs/SOCs.
- A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience as an architect/design engineer.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a digital logic design engineer for networking ASICs.
- Proficient in writing RTL specifications for digital design. Familiar with industry standard verification methodologies.
- Proficient in the analysis and debug of SOC simuations for performance and functionality.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) plan, employee stock option program, and much more. If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is place for you. Collaborate | Innovate | Empower