San Mateo, CA
Product Manager – Software
SiFive is the leading provider of market-ready processor core IP, development tools and silicon solutions based on the free and open RISC-V instruction set architecture. Led by a team of seasoned silicon executives and the RISC-V inventors, SiFive helps SoC designers reduce time-to-market and realize cost savings with customized, open-architecture processor cores, and democratizes access to optimized silicon by enabling system designers in all market verticals to build customized RISC-V based semiconductors.
A new CPU architecture only comes around once every 30 years or so. This is your chance to play a leading and critical role in bringing the new RISC-V ISA to the world. This role will be expected to bring technical and market expertise to help define, develop, and market all of SiFive’s software products which support our RISC-V based IP and SoCs.
Some examples of our software products include:
-Freedom Studio, our Eclipse-based integrated developer environment
-Freedom SDK, our software development kit supporting all of our core IP and chips
Open Source software and tools, including GCC, OpenOCD, GDB, QEMU
Operating Systems and related ports, including Linux, Debian, Zephyr, FreeRTOS, and more…
The ideal candidate will combine strategic thinking along with tactical execution and be responsible for creating Market Requirement Documents (MRD), sales collateral, product positioning, competitive analysis, and play an important cross-functional role across marketing, sales, product management, and engineering. The candidate will also work with and develop 3rd-party Software partners to enhance SiFive’s overall products and leadership in the market.
We are seeking senior and executive levels for this position, so if you believe you're a great fit, please apply today!
- Understand key software products and how they are used by customers and the market
- Drive the definition and prioritization of software features with the engineering teams
- Develop Market Requirement Documents (MRD), product positioning, and messaging for the software products
- Identify and work with key 3rd-party software ecosystem partners to develop products that complement SiFive’s internal software products
- Produce sales collateral and deeply support the sales team during the sales process
- Understand market trends and competitive landscape
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other events as needed
Capabilities and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical marketing, product marketing, product management, or similar at a technology company
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science with technical background in software development is a big plus
- Strong knowledge of programming techniques and software development cycle
- Demonstrated experience in working with customers and ecosystem partners in a related role
- Strong business acumen with the ability to balance competing feature requests, customer demands, and development resources
- Technical credibility to discuss feature requests in an engineering environment
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) plan, employee stock option program, and much more. If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is place for you. Collaborate | Innovate | Empower