San Diego, CA
Field Application Engineer (FAE)
At SiFive, you will be part of a fun, engaging team and get an opportunity to grow with the company. You will work side-by-side with the founders of RISC-V and bring to fruition the new RISC-V architecture and enable its rapid adoption by implementing new tools, breakthrough design methods and services. We need people who are trail-blazers, aren’t afraid to take a chance, and don’t always “go with the flow”.
This is a hybrid role that combines the responsibility of a traditional FAE along with that of technical sales. You will be responsible for providing technical support and working with prospective and current customers in a pre-sales role. The ideal candidate will have spent time supporting CPU IP Products in the past.
In the pre-sales role, you will work directly with potential customers to provides various pre-sale activities to develop and win new licensing and design-in opportunities for SiFive’s products, including RISC-V based CPU licensing.
It is important to develop strong, professional relationships with the key engineers, architects, and decision-makers at our partners and customer organizations. You will also participate in defining new products and/or services to meet the needs of customers. You will be expected to maintain a high standard of technical knowledge in relation to SiFive and its products, services, and competitors.
- Work with sales teams and take technical ownership of sales process
- Provide pre-sales technical support
- Gather customer requirements, feedback, and needs and provide timely input back to Product and Engineering Management teams
- Support marketing activities as needed in the form of webinars, technical blog posts, trade show exhibits, etc.
- at least a BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, 4+ years experience
- Experienced with CPU IP based on RISC-V, ARM, MIPS, or others
- Experienced with embedded software development tools
- Some exposure to customer-facing engagements