San Mateo, CA
Technical Applications Engineer
At SiFive, you’ll be part of a fun, engaging team and be afforded the opportunity to grow within the company. You will work side-by-side with the founders of RISC-V and bring to fruition the new RISC-V architecture and enable its rapid adoption by implementing new tools, breakthrough design methods and services. We need people who are trail-blazers, aren’t afraid to take a chance, and don’t always “go with the flow”.
We are looking for a talented and driven Applications Engineers to work in our Customer Experience organization. We are interested in motivated candidates with broad experience and excellent communication skills. The Applications Engineer is a critical role which ensures customer success with designing with SiFive IP. The candidate will develop a rich experience of industry needs and SiFive solutions.
- Interface with marketing and customers to understand, scope and define customer needs for RISC-V core and sub-system IP
- Work jointly with architects and designers to create the required solution and validate it. This will involve using design tools and software to configure the solution, test benches, documentation and other collateral
- Deliver solution to customers, fielding questions and providing support
- Benchmarking solutions to establish industry standing
- Debug customer problems interfacing with other technical teams
- Represent customer needs internally and also credibly demonstrate SiFive products and their value to customers
- Industry experience in architecting, designing and debugging hardware components and systems
- Knowledge of modern computer architecture, memory organization and interconnect systems
- Experience with programming in hardware languages, assembly and high level languages like C, Scala, Python etc.
- Experience with development environments such as Linux, Git, Jira and Confluence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must enjoy solving problems and improvising solutions working both independently and in teams
This position is open to work at any one of the following SiFive locations:
- San Mateo, California
- Portland, Oregon
- Austin, Texas
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Hsinchu, Taiwan