San Mateo, CA
Chief of Staff Engineer
SiFive is the leading provider of market-ready processor core IP, development tools and silicon solutions based on the free and open RISC-V instruction set architecture. Led by a team of seasoned silicon executives and the RISC-V inventors, SiFive helps SoC designers reduce time-to-market and realize cost savings with customized, open-architecture processor cores, and democratizes access to optimized silicon by enabling system designers in all market verticals to build customized RISC-V based semiconductors.
As Chief of Staff at SiFive you will work side-by-side with the Chief Architect, a leading professor of architecture, RISC-V Foundation board member, and founding member of SiFive. You understand technology as well as people so that you can manage different priorities as SiFive continues to scale. You will further the pace and scope of the Architecture team because you understand the value of time and you will use that to drive focus. No one has enough time to do it all themselves and that's where you come in. Supporting the Chief Architect, you will clear distractions, increase effectiveness, leverage synergies, and facilitate delivery of the strategic vision and specifications.
This is a high-visibility senior role - that is highly technical too. You will interface with executives and senior leadership to meet our business goals in the architecture team. You will be responsible to maximize the bandwidth and capability of the Chief Architect, coordinate our architecture team, and ensure follow-through.
Background and Experience
- Experience in project management, design engineering, and product engineering
- Expert in stakeholder management
- Strong track record collaborating, building, and leading teams in a highly matrixed and evolving environment
- Strong communication skills (for audiences internal as well as external to the company) - technical papers, conference presentations, customer meetings, summits, etc
- Experience solving issues involving budgeting, resource and time management, and issue prioritization in creative ways
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Experience evangelizing technical solutions and leading initiatives
- Knowledge of Lean processes and Agile methodologies
- Masters or PhD in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) plan, employee stock option program, and much more. If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is place for you. Collaborate | Innovate | Empower