Linux Systems Engineer - DevOps / SRE
SiFive is the leading provider of market-ready processor core IP, development tools and silicon solutions based on the free and open RISC-V instruction set architecture. Led by a team of seasoned silicon executives and the RISC-V inventors, SiFive helps SoC designers reduce time-to-market and realize cost savings with customized, open-architecture processor cores, and democratizes access to optimized silicon by enabling system designers in all market verticals to build customized RISC-V based semiconductors.
At SiFive, you’ll be part of a fun, engaging team and be afforded the opportunity to grow within the company. You will work side-by-side with the founders of RISC-V and bring to fruition the new RISC-V architecture and enable its rapid adoption by implementing new tools, breakthrough design methods and services. We need people who are trail-blazers, aren’t afraid to take a chance, and don’t always “go with the flow”.
As a Systems Engineer in the Engineering team, you will participate in building and managing the next-gen Compute infrastructure and services that will drive the transformation of the Semiconductor industry to RISC-V
You will have the ability to define the architecture and systems that will help SiFive drive innovation in the Semiconductor industry by using DevOps methodology.
SiFive has a rare opportunity to disrupt the entire Semiconductor industry. We have built the World’s first SaaS platform for designing custom SoCs. SiFive is building the tools and ecosystem to revolutionize the way chips are made and is democratizing the industry so that now every entrepreneur, inventor and innovator can translate their dreams into silicon.
We are building compute clusters and systems both in our own datacenters and in the cloud using automation that will allow us to design and build chips faster and more cost effectively than any other company.
When you join our Engineering team as a Systems Engineer, you will take ownership and contribute in many ways including...
- Build configuration management systems to allow auto scaling of infrastructure in Co-located Datacenters as well as on the AWS or Azure
- Architect and implement security on Linux-based systems using DevSecOps methodology
- Built and/or Supported revenue generating customer facing SaaS platform
- Maintain strong uptime of all systems and improve reliability for the long term
- Work with Engineering stakeholders to define future compute architecture
Experience and Attributes
- A bare minimum of 3-5 years of recent experience. Experience in the semiconductor industry is a big plus but not required
- Strong problem-solving ability, and desire to implement innovative solutions rather than band aid fixes
- Deep Linux expertise
- Experience managing infrastructure both in physical datacenters and in the cloud
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Salt, Puppet and Ansible
- Strong knowledge of Networking and Storage
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or relevant industry experience
- Austin, TX
- Portland, OR
- Milpitas, CA
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) plan, employee stock option program, and much more. If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is place for you. Collaborate | Innovate | Empower