San Mateo, CA
Senior Product Manager – RISC-V Core IP Products
SiFive is looking for product managers who are passionate about defining products and leading teams to build commercial IP cores for use in semiconductor SoC designs, leveraging the open source RISC-V architecture. We’re injecting ideas and methodology from the software industry into the semiconductor industry and hardware core IP design, which we believe delivers high value and “customization” to customers, and the way to provide vast configurability with unmatched agility.
A new CPU architecture only comes around once every 30 years or so. This is your chance to play a leading and critical role with the industry leader in bringing commercial solutions based on the RISC-V ISA to the world. This role leverages technical, marketing, and product management skills to define, steer development, and manage products in the SiFive Core IP product line, as well as drive key technology initiatives utilized within these products.
- Change the way Core IP products are defined, built, updated, marketed, evaluated, and sold.
- Apply software product cycle and build methodologies to a semiconductor IP product development workflow, and leverage it across an entire product portfolio
- Be the product and technology expert, bridging between engineering and marketing/sales in this highly technical role
- Lead cross-functional teams within a fast paced, highly dynamic, start-up environment
What you bring to the challenge
- An understanding of microprocessor architecture and basic microarchitecture concepts
- An understanding of software product development and regularly recurring release methodology
- Previous experience in product marketing and/or product management roles, and managing products through product life cycle, from definition to EOL
- Balanced marketing and technical credibility to drive feature definition and discuss requirements in an engineering environment
- Expertise in one or more of key related technologies, including vector processing and DSP, AI, security, SoC fabric/interconnect, homogenous/heterogenous coherent multi-core, etc.
- Experience in requirements, trends and solutions for one or more vertical market segments, and an ability to translate that into definition for new core IP products
Nice to have
- Previous experience in IP licensing
- Familiarity with open source RISC-V architecture
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) plan, employee stock option program, and much more. If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is place for you.