San Mateo, CA
At SiFive, you’ll be part of a fun, engaging team and be afforded the opportunity to grow within the company. You will work side-by-side with the founders of RISC-V and bring to fruition the new RISC-V architecture and enable its rapid adoption by implementing new tools, breakthrough design methods and services. We need people who are trail-blazers, aren’t afraid to take a chance, and don’t always “go with the flow”.
As a Systems Engineer at SiFive you will participate in and have the ability to define, build and manage the next-gen compute infrastructure and services that will drive the transformation of the semiconductor industry to RISC-V. We have built the world’s first SaaS platform for designing custom SoCs, which will revolutionize the way chips are made and is democratizing the industry so that now every entrepreneur, inventor and innovator can translate their dreams into silicon.
When you join our Engineering team as a Systems Engineer, you will take ownership of your process and will be able to contribute in many ways.
- Managing infrastructure in co-located datacenters and the cloud using automation
- Ensuring security of Linux-based systems using DevSecOps methodology
- Maintaining strong uptime of all systems and improving long-term reliability
- Working with Engineering stakeholders to define future compute architecture
- Performing patch management and regular audits
- Configuring monitoring, alerting and log management across all systems
Experience and skills required:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of recent experience managing Linux systems in a production environment
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and automated server provisioning technologies
- Strong problem-solving ability, and desire to implement innovative solutions
- Deep Linux expertise
- Solid experience in Bash, Python or other scripting language
- Experience managing infrastructure both in physical datacenters and in the cloud (preferably AWS)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Salt, Puppet and Ansible
- Strong knowledge of Networking and Storage specifically Juniper and NetApp a plus
- Experience with Hashicorp tools such as Terraform, Vault and Packer.
- Solid experience setting up monitoring and telemetry systems such as Grafana, Nagios, Sensu and Ganglia
- Experience in the semiconductor industry is a plus but not required
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or relevant industry experience
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) plan, employee stock option program, and much more. If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is place for you.