San Mateo, CA
Senior Verification Engineer
SiFive is the leading provider of market-ready processor core IP, development tools and silicon solutions based on the free and open RISC-V instruction set architecture. Led by a team of seasoned silicon executives and the RISC-V inventors, SiFive helps SoC designers reduce time-to-market and realize cost savings with customized, open-architecture processor cores, and democratizes access to optimized silicon by enabling system designers in all market verticals to build customized RISC-V based semiconductors.
At SiFive, you’ll be part of a fun, engaging team and be afforded the opportunity to grow within the company. You will work side-by-side with the founders of RISC-V and bring to fruition the new RISC-V architecture and enable its rapid adoption by implementing new tools, breakthrough design methods and services. We need people who are trail-blazers, aren’t afraid to take a chance, and don’t always “go with the flow”.
A technical leader who will envision, enable and execute on world class verification and validation of RISC-V microprocessor cores, sub-systems, IPs and SOCs. Starting from the SiFive roadmap and pipeline of products, this person must make proactive plans for ensuring that we can validate them to high levels of quality and be a key player in executing these plans.
- Review and influence product definition and specifications from validation perspective
- Architect and design debug and validation hooks as needed
- Select the best tools and methods for validation
- Help to prioritize the validation work
- Brainstorm and drive solutions across disciplines to improve product quality and engineering productivity
- Be the go-to person to offer input on product health, quality and risks from validation perspective
- Several years of experience doing hands-on validation of microprocessors, IP and SOC. This is not a position for recent college graduates!
- Been involved in the entire life cycle of several challenging hardware projects (like microprocessors, large IPs or SOCs)
- Up to date on state of the art methods in verification (industry and research)
- A passion for validation as a long term career path
- Good interpersonal skills to listen to diverse points of view and influence people from different disciplines
- An unwavering commitment to product quality
You will enjoy working with brilliant architects, designers, validation and software engineers in a small, growing company committed to bring the new RISC-V computer architecture to many diverse markets with high quality. We want to do this with innovative design paradigms that radically improve the cost and time to market of hardware designs.
Please note that this is not an opening for recent college graduates. A minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience is essential to be considered for this position.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) plan, employee stock option program, and much more. If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is place for you. Collaborate | Innovate | Empower