The Freedom E310 (FE310) is the first member of the Freedom Everywhere family of customizable SoCs. Designed for microcontroller, embedded, IoT, and wearable applications, the FE310 features SiFive’s E31 RISC-V Core, a high-performance, 32-bit RV32IMAC core. Running at 320+ MHz, the FE310 is among the fastest microcontrollers in the market.
Industry's First Open-Source RISC-V SoC
As you can expect from SiFive and the inventors of RISC-V, the FE310 supports the latest RISC-V specifications as of Nov 27, 2016:
- RV32I Base Integer Instruction Set, Version 2.0
- “M” Standard Extension for Integer Multiplication and Division, Version 2.0
- “A” Standard Extension for Atomic Instructions, Version 2.0
- “C” Standard Extension for Compressed Instructions, Version 1.9
- RISC-V Privileged ISA Specification, Version 1.9.1
- RISC-V External Debug Support, Version 0.11
Additional features include a 16KB L1 Instruction Cache, a 16KB Data SRAM Scratchpad, hardware multiply/divide, a debug module, one-time programmable non-volatile memory (OTP), flexible clock generation with on-chip oscillators and PLLs, and a wide variety of peripherals including UARTs, QSPI, PWMs, and timers. Multiple power domains and a low-power standby mode ensure a wide variety of applications can benefit from the FE310.
HiFive1 Dev Kit
The HiFive1 is a low cost, Arduino-Compatible development kit featuring the Freedom E310, and is the best way to start prototyping and developing for RISC-V and Freedom Everywhere.