RTL Design Engineer - RISC-V CPU
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
As a CPU Microarchitect/RTL design engineer at SiFive, you will be part of a team of engineers who are passionate about designing industry-leading CPU cores, based on the revolutionary open-source RISC-V architecture. We are looking for people who are as excited as we are about working in a fast-paced dynamic environment to bring new hardware IP to market quickly, with high quality and exceptional performance.
- Architect, design and implement new features, performance improvements, and ISA extensions in RISC-V CPU core generators.
- Microarchitecture development and specification. Ensure that knowledge is shared via great documentation and participation in a culture of collaborative design.
- Perform initial sandbox verification, and work with design verification team to create and execute thorough verification test plans.
- Work with physical implementation team to implement and optimize physical design to meet frequency, area, power goals.
- Collaborate with performance modelling team for performance exploration and optimization to meet performance goals.
- 4+ yrs of recent industry experience in CPU design.
- Proficiency with hardware (RTL) design in Verilog, System Verilog, or VHDL.
- Knowledge of RISC-V architecture is a plus.
- Experience with Scala and/or Chisel is a plus.
- Attention to detail and a focus on high-quality design.
- Ability to work well with others and a belief that engineering is a team sport.
- Knowledge of at least one object-oriented and/or functional programming language.
- BS/MS degree in EE, CE, CS or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.