The SiFive Automotive™ S7-AD is designed for high performance real-time applications including automotive safety islands requiring ASIL D. It is a power efficient, high performance 64-bit embedded processor that is fully-compliant with the RISC-V ISA. Its advanced memory subsystem enables the inclusion of tightly-integrated memory and caches for optimal performance.
The SiFive Automotive S7-AD is fully optimized for area, performance, and efficiency, and is specifically designed for automotive safety island market. Building on the robust foundations of the mature SiFive Essential™ portfolio, the design of the S7-AD offers industry best-in-class functional safety support as a Safety Element out of Context to enable use in applications with Automotive Safety Integrity Level (as per ISO26262) up to ASIL D.
The finely tuned combination of out-of-the-box features and design scalability ensures designers can achieve the optimal balance of power, performance, and area while achieving the fastest time to market.
S7-AD Key Features
64-bit RISC-V ISA
8-stage, dual issue, superscalar
Functional Safety and Security Features
- ASIL D via Dual Core Lock-Step (DCLS) implementation
- Duplicated logic, shared memories
- SECDED ECC protected memories
Flexibility via configuration
- Cluster supports 8 Cores + Shared L2
- AXI4 interfaces, IO Coherent Front port
- Local tightly Integrated Memory option
- Low Interrupt latency
- Direct & Indirect configurable branch predictor
- Memory protection via RISC-V PMP (16 regions)