ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
IP Application Manager - ASIC IP
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
OpenFive (a SiFive entity) IP Applications Engineering team is expanding their ASIC Pre-Sales team to support the new opportunities. This team is responsible for working with Sales and Technical Solutions teams to provide ASIC IP Solutions. This role is part of the 3rd Party IP Applications group.
As an IP Applications Manager, you will be responsible for owning and driving ASIC IP solutions for current and prospective customers. You will drive the pre-sales technical discussions with regards to ASIC IP. You will manage a team of application engineers and work with ASIC engineering teams to assist in IP implementations, design reviews, IP qual checks and IP verification. You will also work with 3rd party IP providers in IP evaluation, contract negotiations and IP partnerships.
Our team combines many different perspectives and experiences, and we love working with people who combine a passion for learning and growth with product focus, practical experience, and the desire to build world-changing technologies.
- Work closely with pre-sales teams to provide ASIC IP solutions to the customer.
- Work closely with IP Vendors and customers in defining, qualifying, and procuring new custom and existing digital blocks.
- Drive IP procurement and contract negotiations.
- Drive IP evaluations per the latest technological roadmaps.
- Establish strategic partnership with IP vendors.
- Manage and drive custom IP development with external design houses.
- Assist teams in qualification of several types of standard cells, memories, I/O’s, and digital/hard IP.
- Provide product and technical support to other engineering teams.
- 10+ years of experience in IP/Library Design/Support/Application Engineering (standard cells, memories, I/O’s, DDR/Serdes/PCie etc).
- Experience in analog/mixed signal designs and/or DDRX PHYs/SerDes.
- Good understanding of IP design, ASIC Design Flow, and integration related issues.
- Proficient in writing scripts for automation.
- Experience in customer facing roles, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of managing remote teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field. MSEE is preferred but not required.