Director SoC Firmware
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
As SiFive is bringing RISC-V to the highest end designs the hardware and software engineering teams are integrating larger and more complex SoC features. The SoC firmware team plays a key role to develop high-quality fully integrated hardware/software SoC solutions based on SiFive’s top-of-the-line performance cores. The SoC firmware team’s charter is to develop firmware and bare metal software for the SoC components outside the core, which includes but is not limited to, power-management, security, and other device software that allows SiFive to have a complete solution in software and hardware.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced leader in the SoC firmware domain to grow the team and the technology for SiFive. The candidate should demonstrate the ability to grow a diverse and geographically distributed organization, work with other organizations to build state of the art software products, work with customers and product teams to define product features for internal and external users. You will have the unique opportunity to work on the innovation and creation of state-of-the-art software solutions in the RISC-V ecosystem.
- Lead and grow the RISC-V SoC firmware team that develops firmware for the high-end features that enable RISC-V SoCs to enter the highest-end of performance products.
- Directly impact SiFive customers and products, solve challenging problems at the hardware/software boundary.
- Work with other cross-functional engineering and product leaders from hardware, platform, and software to understand requirements, set priorities, communicate direction and plan for long-term strategy.
- Help rapidly build your team, while maintaining our inclusive and collaborative culture.
- Fostering career growth, mentor and coach technical staff, and contribute to the "one-team" culture at SiFive overall.
- 5+ years of experience in technical leadership in relevant areas of system software.
- 5+ years of experience in managing production software development.
- 5+ years of experience making significant individual contributions to real-world projects.
- Experience in working with products and/or customers to define future products and roadmaps.
- Track record of execution excellence.