RTL Design Engineer - Interconnect/Uncore
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
- Architect, design and implement an enhanced TileLink interconnect, protocol bridges, and other infrastructure/uncore logic as RTL generators, including both open-source and proprietary designs.
- Improve current designs and work on future designs to provide higher performance, more efficient multi-core and multi-cluster system coherence.
- Integrate new design content into SiFive’s Chisel/FIRRTL framework and contribute to improvements to that framework to enable automatic configuration/generation of design collateral.
- Microarchitecture development and specification. Ensure that knowledge is shared via great documentation and participation in a culture of collaborative design.
- Perform initial sandbox verification, and work with design verification team to create and execute thorough verification test plans.
- Work with physical implementation team to implement and optimize physical design to meet frequency, area, power goals.
- 5+ yrs of recent industry experience with coherent fabric, protocols for scalable multi-core and multi-cluster SoC designs.
- Experience with NoC or other interconnect fabrics.
- Experience with industry standard bus protocols (e.g. AMBA). Knowledge of TileLink is a plus.
- Knowledge of cache coherence protocols, architectures and concepts.
- Ability to architect solutions to connect bus fabrics of disparate protocols.
- Strong software engineering skills/background, including:
- object-oriented, aspect-oriented, and particularly functional programming;
- compiler infrastructures and data modeling for intermediate representations, particularly for domain-specific languages.
- Proficiency with hardware (RTL) design in Verilog, System Verilog, or VHDL.
- Experience with Chisel, Bluespec, or other HDL for expressing configurable hardware via software is a plus.
- Attention to detail and a focus on high-quality design.
- Ability to work well with others and a belief that engineering is a team sport.
- BS/MS degree in EE, CE, CS or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.