2022 Summer Internship - High Performance RISC-V Algorithms
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
What you will work on:
As a Summer Intern on the Algorithms and Libraries Team, you will be implementing high-performance algorithms for RISC-V machines, leveraging vector processing and SiFive's custom ISA extensions. You will be invited to participate in a co-design effort with world-class architects and hardware engineers, shaping products in early development stages, and to collaborate with compiler and runtime engineers to improve compiler optimizations and integrate your algorithms into our MLIR-based parallel programming framework.
What you will learn:
- Developing and optimizing numerical algorithms to achieve high performance on RISC-V vector machines.
- Understanding tradeoffs between microarchitecture and algorithm designs, and the abilities and limitations of compiler optimization.
- Analyzing software running in RTL and FPGA simulations.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related field.
- College-level proficiency of C/C++ development in a Linux command-line environment.
- Familiarity with parallel programming and tuning algorithms for CPU performance.