High Performance RISC-V Algorithms Engineer
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
The Algorithms and Libraries Team seeks an expert performance programmer passionate about developing and optimizing numerical algorithms for machine learning, signal processing, and computational science applications.
- Developing high-performance algorithms and software libraries for RISC-V machines, leveraging vector processing and SiFive's custom ISA extensions.
- Participating in co-design efforts with architects and hardware engineers, navigating tradeoffs between micro/architecture and algorithm designs, shaping products in early development stages.
- Collaborating with compiler and runtime engineers to improve compiler optimizations and integrating high-performance algorithms into our MLIR-based parallel programming framework.
- Lead a cross-functional project from conception to product release.
- Masters or Ph.D. in computer science, applied mathematics, or a related field.
- Theoretical background in analysis of algorithms, linear algebra, and parallel computing.
- Practical background (3+ years experience) in developing and optimizing algorithms for specific microarchitectures, writing low-level C and assembly code.