ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
Director of Engineering, Compiler Technologies
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
We at SiFive are proud to take a "software first" approach to develop tools and frameworks that achieve cutting-edge performance without compromising quality for the SiFive High-performance cores and Intelligence processor family. SiFive is leading the RISC-V community to bring best-in-class high-performance cores that achieve record-setting performance with area efficiency for client computing, embedded and server markets. The compiler technology team is a key pillar to bring the state of the art optimized hardware and software solutions to the market.
The compiler technology team’s mission is to develop cutting-edge compiler optimizations using the MLIR and LLVM framework to optimize general purpose applications as well as special domains such as AI using common compiler technologies and new advances in compilers.
We are hiring a seasoned Director for our compiler technology team, a person with proven experience in compiler optimizations, and achieving performance goals on high performance and parallel architectures. The candidate should demonstrate a track record in leadership, cross-team collaboration, planning, and delivering high-quality compiler products.
- Growing and Leading a geographically distributed compiler technology team.
- Closely collaborating with SiFive’s software and hardware teams in implementing optimized SiFive high-performance and intelligence cores.
- Planning the development alongside hardware, software, and product organizations to deliver a combined hardware and software quality products.
- Collaborating with the LLVM and MLIR communities, upstreaming changes, and coordinating internally and externally with cross geographical and distributed ecosystems.
- Building, leading, inspiring and growing the software organization alongside other software leaders.
- 5+ years of experience in technical leadership of a compiler team.
- 5+ years of experience in compiler technology.
- Experience in MLIR or similar multi-level optimizing compilers.
- Experience with open source contributions.
- Experience with hardware-specific optimizations such as SIMD, parallel architectures, or other specialized accelerators.