ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
As the Uncore Architect at SiFive, you will be responsible for designing high-performance uncore architectures across the breadth of SiFive's core complex portfolio. Hierarchical cluster architectures are essential to producing high-performance multicore architectures that can scale to 128+ cores. The Uncore architect will spearhead the development of such highly scalable uncore architectures.
- Designing Uncore Architecture. As the Uncore Architect, you will be responsible for the design and specification of various aspects of high-performance uncore architecture. Examples include the design of core-to-core coherence protocols and interconnects, cluster architecture, shared cluster and system cache architectures, and interaction with memory system. Such design must comprehend PPA (performance, power, and area) impact.
- Act as a key person in developing the upcoming RISC-V platforms, which will connect numerous cores together on a chip, support large bandwidth, as well as new applications and workloads
- If interested, you will have a unique opportunity to analyze market verticals and design architectures specifically tailored for upcoming use cases.
- 3+ years of experience in uncore architecture development and chip architecture definition.
- MS or PhD in computer architecture.
- Strong ability to comprehend various architectural ingredients, such as virtualization, security, power management, and others, when architecting the uncore components.
- Experience with uncore design flow, including spec definition, architecture design, and performance modeling
- Familiarity with advanced CPU architectures and pipelines, coherence protocols, interconnect architectures, and system architectures.