Physical Design Flow Integration Engineer
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
As a Physical Flow Integration Engineer, you will be joining a small team to architect, build and maintain physical design flows that work with SiFive’s generated RTL code. You will work closely with logic design, physical design and other teams to bring SiFive’s processor IP to market, as well as developing industry-leading automation to support SoC designs in a variety of vertical markets. This is the perfect opportunity for a tool-focused software engineer looking to expand their horizons and become more directly involved in developing innovative products in silicon.
- Develop modular, reusable and scalable flows that interface industry standard physical design tools with cutting-edge RTL generation engines.
- Create, deploy, support, and maintain frameworks for automating generation of CPU core performance data and other collateral
- Collaborate with digital design and physical design engineers to validate RTL generator outputs over a wide design space.
- Establish coding standards and conventions that enable parallel development work across teams under one cohesive framework
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- At least 4 years experience working with physical design flows ( Cadence, Synopsys toolsets )
- Interest in building modular, scalable and resilient flows and tools.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash or Ruby
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Experience with developing and releasing development tools
- Software and API design skills