2022 Summer Internship - CPU Physical Design
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
As an Intern on the Core IP Physical Design team, you will participate in development of Digital IC (RISC-V) physical design analysis and flows. There will be an emphasis on analyzing physical designs at different stages in place and route implementation:
- Testing flow changes to achieve desired results improvement.
- Working with tools from multiple market leading EDA vendors and incorporate scripting changes specific to SiFive designs.
- Analysis of the design at different phases in the implementation process.
- Develop scripts for design analysis.
What You Will Learn:
- Thorough knowledge of each step of the physical design flow and how to analyze the design in the different stages.
- Hands-on experience with EDA design tools and how to tune them to get desired results.
- The power of using TCL and potentially other languages for analysis and design flow manipulation.
- How to collaborate with other team members on debugging and resolving design related issues.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s (Sr), Master's or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a similar discipline.
- Some coding experience either in Python, TCL, C, or Perl.
- Knowledge of digital IC circuits and design principles.
- Some experience with a Linux/Unix compute environment.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you!
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.