2022 Summer Internship - CoreIP RTL Development
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
What You Will Work On:
As an Intern on the Uncore/Interconnect Design team, you will develop RTL for IPs outside the core pipeline (memory subsystem, interconnect, interrupts, clocking, power) as well as develop frameworks for design integration using the Chisel hardware description language. Specific projects will depend on the interests of the candidate, but may include:
- Designing memory/interconnect agents which take advantage of a packetized memory protocol.
- Developing and evaluating the power tradeoffs of new clock and power gating strategies.
- Creating a framework for composing interrupt subsystem topologies.
What You Will Learn:
- You will take your RTL design skills to the next level by learning generator based design in Chisel.
- Applying what you know while learning about SoC Architectures, RISC-V Processors, and best practices in industry hardware design techniques.
- How to work as part of a tight-knit, agile team that stresses good coding, documentation, testing, and code review practices.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a similar discipline.
- Familiarity or academic experience with Object Oriented Programming or functional programming is strongly preferred.
- Basic understanding of RTL design, Verification, or Computer Architecture.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you!
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.