System Software Integration Engineer
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
As a system software integration engineer on the System Software team, you will integrate, test, develop and release: Linux kernel, u-boot, OpenSBI, toolchain, libraries and yocto supporting emulation and/or FPGA environments. You will collaborate with cross-functional disciplines to define test strategy, define test-frameworks, implement test-plans, and debug/resolve the complex hardware and software issues.
- Build up or leverage an existing automation framework
- Integrate, design, develop, upstream and release system software: Yocto/OpenEmbedded (both SiFive-proprietary and public open source)
- Integrate and verify production-quality software, including CI/CD/CT automation, testing, documentation, and static analysis
- Interact with hardware and other software teams to find out or narrow down the problem of auto testing results and resolve them
- Sending testing results periodically and automatically from the automation framework
- Adding test cases and rules to parse the result then generating the final reports
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a similar discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Programming language experience on C/python/shell scripting
- Experience with Yocto, Linux kernel
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD/CT tools
- Experience with git, Makefile, GNU toolchain and shell scripting
- Experience testing on Linux system software, kernel, processor and automation or a strong desire and ability to learn the same