Director, Compiler Technologies
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
We at SiFive are proud to take a "software first" approach to develop tools and frameworks that achieve cutting-edge performance without compromising quality for the SiFive High-performance cores and Intelligence processor family. SiFive is leading the RISC-V community to bring best-in-class high-performance cores that achieve record-setting performance with area efficiency for client computing, embedded and server markets. The compiler technology team is a key pillar to bring the state of the art optimized hardware and software solutions to the market.
The compiler technology team’s mission is to develop cutting-edge compiler optimizations using the MLIR and LLVM framework to optimize general purpose applications as well as special domains such as AI using common compiler technologies and new advances in compilers.
We are hiring a seasoned Director for our compiler technology team, a person with proven experience in compiler optimizations, and achieving performance goals on high performance and parallel architectures. The candidate should demonstrate a track record in leadership, cross-team collaboration, planning, and delivering high-quality compiler products.
- Growing and Leading a geographically distributed compiler technology team.
- Closely collaborating with SiFive’s software and hardware teams in implementing optimized SiFive high-performance and intelligence cores.
- Planning the development alongside hardware, software, and product organizations to deliver combined hardware and software quality products.
- Collaborating with the LLVM and MLIR communities, upstream changes, and coordinate internally and externally with cross geographical and distributed ecosystems.
- Building, leading, inspiring and growing the software organization alongside other software leaders.
- 5+ years of experience in technical leadership of a compiler team.
- 5+ years of experience in compiler technology.
- Experience in MLIR or similar multi-level optimizing compilers.
- Experience with hardware-specific optimizations such as SIMD, parallel architectures, or other specialized accelerators.
- Experience with runtime optimizations such as SILK, openCL or similar platforms.