RTL Design Engineer, RISC-V CPU
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
SiFive is expanding into the UK, providing a unique opportunity for strong candidates with a passion for innovation and product delivery to be part of this exciting new engineering team.
As an RTL Designer at SiFive; you will be part of a team of industry veterans and bright rising stars who are passionate about designing industry-leading CPU cores based on the revolutionary open-source RISC-V architecture. We are looking for people who are as excited as we are about working in a fast-paced dynamic environment to bring new hardware IP to market quickly, with high quality and exceptional performance.
If you are an engineer with CPU or GPU design experience, and you are looking to work on leading-edge RISC-V cores, we are excited to hear from you!
- Designing and implementing new features, performance improvements and ISA extensions in RISC-V CPU core generators.
- Ensuring that knowledge is shared via great documentation and participation in a culture of collaborative design.
- Performing initial designer led verification and working with the verification teams to create and execute thorough verification test plans.
- Working with the physical implementation team to implement and optimize physical design to meet frequency, area, power goals.
- Collaborating with the performance modelling team for performance exploration and optimization to meet performance goals.
- Proficiency with hardware (RTL) design in Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail and a focus on high-quality design.
- Ability to work well with others and a belief that engineering is a team sport.
- Experience with and/or interest in learning at least one object-oriented and/or functional programming language.
- A degree in EE, CE, CS or a related technical discipline or equivalent industrial experience.