Senior Software Engineer, Developer Tools
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
Senior Software Engineer - Development Tools Group
SiFive is expanding our development tools offering to include new debug and performance tools for our Performance and SiFive Intelligence processors. We are looking for an experienced engineer to join the SiFive Development Tools Group.
The debug and performance tools planned over the next 2 years will be state-of-the-art and be used both internally and by the SiFIve customer base and become an integral part of Freedom Studio, our Eclipse based IDE. The successful candidate will possess the ability to work with other functional groups within SiFIve and be comfortable with customer-facing presentations. You will have the unique opportunity to work on innovative debug and performance tools for an ISA that is transforming the industry.
- Assist in developing new and innovative debug and performance tuning tools for SiFive processors.
- Work directly with SiFive customers, when needed, to provide awesome pre-sales and post-sales customer support.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with tuning the performance of applications using performance counters, instruction trace, and other technologies.
- Experience working with the Linux kernel, Linux Kernel Modules, Linux User Space Development, and Linux based performance measurement tools like perf and gprof.
- Comfortable and fluent with software engineering and best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- You love building tools that make other developers more productive.
- A total of 5+ years of software development experience.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.