Director Business Development, Aerospace & Defense (flexible location)
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
SiFive is looking for an expert in the Aerospace and Defense sector. This individual is a driven, results-oriented, independent-thinking individual who will help to identify, shape, and win business opportunities for SiFive in the US Aerospace and Defense market (including US Government, Government Agencies, Prime, and Sub-contractors). This individual is high-energy and will also help develop SiFive’s overall strategy around Aerospace and Defense, including product, pricing, marketing, and bring significant knowledge in how to work with the Aerospace and Defense ecosystem.
This is a strategic business development role, coordinating between various US Government entities and their ecosystem to evangelize SiFive RISC-V solutions for the next generation of semiconductors and microelectronics. The individual will be working to drive the benefits of SiFive RISC-V into various government programs and RFQ/RFI proposals, closing opportunities with prime/sub-cons, as well as identifying strategic government initiatives for SiFive to participate in (such as DARPA Toolbox, for example).
SiFive has multiple design-wins and active opportunities in this sector but is looking to strategically expand and increase our position in this space. RISC-V is poised to be the leading compute platform for Aerospace & Defense due to its strategic, open ecosystem. SiFive, as the founder and leader of RISC-V computing is especially well positioned with our broad product portfolio and company profile.
LOCATION: The ideal candidate for this role can be located anywhere in the US. If you are located in the SF Bay Area or Austin, TX, you can also work out of one of our offices.
- Evangelize SiFive RISC-V into various US Government agencies, including but not limited to: OSD-A&S, OSD-R&E, Air Force, Navy, Army, Space Force, NASA, JPL, DMEA, DARPA, IARPA, Intelligence Community.
- Identify and develop opportunities at for SiFive products to be included in Government business RFQs, programs, and initiatives.
- Close and win business with prime and subcontractors.
- A doer who understands how to address the complexity and bureaucracy necessary to ensure successful proposals and compliance.
- Bring leadership in this sector to SiFive—working with the cross functional teams, including Sales, Product, Finance, and Marketing teams to facilitate winning strategies and products.
- Work with and guide the marketing teams towards Events, Conferences, and other marketing activities necessary for this market segment.
- 12+ years of experience in Aerospace & Defense roles at semiconductor, FPGA, IP, EDA, or microelectronics companies
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of key players, government programs, government funding.
- Established contacts within major customers and US Government agencies
- Strong understanding of federal acquisition regulations, policies, and contract vehicles
- Experience working with prime contracts/integrators
- Technical background/credibility, strong understanding of semiconductor design cycle
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and influencing skills
- US Citizen
- Active Security Clearance a plus