Senior Embedded Software Engineer
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
- Work in FPGA validation team in testing embedded software and Linux OS on FPGA platforms.
- Make necessary enhancement to device drivers and boot software to get the FPGA platforms for SiFive Products/IPs up and running.
- Resolve technical issues in collaboration with hardware teams and system software teams.
- Work with global teams across time zones.
- Minimum 6 years of strong experience in C/C++
- Require Experience in RISC-V ISA and ASM programming
- Require strong understanding and hands on experience in driver development, Device tree framework, Linux kernel internals and boot code.
- Should possess strong analytical, debugging, and testing methodology skills
- Require Knowledge of hardware interfaces SPI, I2C, UART, JTAG, PWM, RTC.
- Hands on experience using JTAG, GDB and OpenOCD debuggers.
- Experience in writing sustainable/maintainable quality code.
- Ability to efficiently debug, root cause, and resolve issues
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, analytical skills and teamwork
- BE or Master’s degree with 6-10 yrs. of experience