Performance Verification Engineer
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
- Understanding and coming up with test plans for performance improvement features in RISC-V core and RISC-V based subsystems, Creating effective verification strategies for these.
- Developing tools, test benches and test suites and scripts to verify and prove performance improvement for a given logic considering all the stress scenarios and corner cases in design.
- Write industry standard benchmarking tests for SiFive cores, and other workloads to effectively stress and extract power and performance indicators at different levels in the design.
- Interacting with design teams/ architects to provide performance indicators and fine tune stimulus/report generation.
- Performance feature verification at different unit levels, core and multicore levels.
- 3-8 years work experience in design verification. Hands on experience in performance verification preferably involving processors/processorsubsystems.
- Very thorough understanding of modern pipelined processor architecture and microarchitectural features for performance and power improvements.
- Understanding of system level architecture involving processors, NoCs, different ports and protocols (CHI, ACE, AMBA AXI, AHB etc).
- Understanding and hands on experience in verification of multiprocessor design , coherency issues and verification challenges.
- Good grip over verification methodologies, Architecting testbenches and other infra and quickly bring up the same for efficiently verifying a given performance improvement feature.
- Good understanding of C++, Verilog/SV, UVM and basic understanding of scripting (ruby, python).
- Strong problem solving, organizational and communication skills, and ability to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package; employee stock option program, and much more.