Senior System Software Engineer
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
We at SiFive are proud to take a software first approach to develop tools and frameworks that achieve cutting edge performance without compromising quality for the SiFive Intelligence processor family. The SiFive Intelligence processors deliver AI acceleration for the edge and beyond. SiFive intelligence builds on RISC-V Vectors (RVV) allowing SiFive to design Core IPs that deliver performance, are optimized for power and area, but do not sacrifice flexibility or programmability. Our software stack is codesigned with the hardware and developed with scalability and quality in mind. Join us to develop revolutionary software from the ground up!
SiFive is seeking an experienced System Software Engineer for our System Software group. The SiFive System Software group develops critical software components for our Core and Intelligence processors, from firmware and bare-metal to high-level OS and AI runtime code. The team is global, spanning several worldwide sites, working together as one group. We believe that engineers create most of the value in the company. Our management chain has a strong engineering and software development background. We believe in open, honest, and direct communication; mutual respect; and seek strong communicators and listeners.
As a System Software Engineer, you will work with system architecture and hardware engineering teams to help design and evaluate systems, including CPUs, interconnects, firewalls, and related IP blocks. You’ll work with our software group to design software implementations that take advantage of hardware features and integrate cleanly with existing operating systems, such as Linux. You’ll write software for Linux kernel, device drivers, OpenSBI, u-boot, Yocto/OpenEmbedded. You’ll be a part of creating something big, all based around the RISC-V instruction set architecture.
- Design, develop, upstream and release system software: Linux kernel, device drivers, OpenSBI, u-boot, Yocto/OpenEmbedded (both SiFive-proprietary and public open source)
- Engage with architecture, hardware engineering, and other software engineering teams to review, and refine features
- At least 7 years of experience developing architecture-level code or device drivers in C for multiprocessor, multithreaded open source kernels such as Linux or BSD, with upstream involvement
- Proven experience with upstream development on high-level operating systems such as Linux
- Strong communication, co-working, and listening skills
- Experience working with hardware architecture and engineering teams
- Experience debugging complex multicore systems
- Experience debugging with GDB, JTAG and OpenOCD
- Experience with git, Makefile, GNU toolchain and shell scripting
- Experience with device drivers, virtualization, IOMMUs, power management or SoC platform security