Hardware Applications Engineer, Staff to Senior Staff
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms are continuing to enable leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, data center, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
At SiFive, we are always excited to connect with talented individuals, who are just as passionate about driving innovation and changing the world as we are.
Our constant innovation and ongoing success is down to our amazing teams of incredibly talented people, who collaborate and support each other to come up with truly groundbreaking ideas and solutions. Solutions that will have a huge impact on people's lives; making the world a better place, one processor at a time.
Are you ready?
To learn more about SiFive’s phenomenal success and to see why we have won the GSA’s prestigious Most Respected Private Company Award (for the fourth time!), check out our website and Glassdoor pages.
We are looking for a talented and driven Applications Engineer to work in our Customer Experience organization. We are interested in motivated candidates with broad experience and excellent communication skills. The Applications Engineer is a critical role which ensures customer success with designing with SiFive IP. The candidate will develop a rich experience of industry needs and SiFive solutions.
- Supporting customers using SiFive IPs and resolving integration and implementation issues.
- Supporting and raising customer issues as required, including on-site customer support.
- Collaborating with the Engineering, Marketing, and Sales teams to demonstrate SiFive products and values to customers, resolving technical issues, and representing customer needs internally.
- Delivering customer trainings.
- Improving documentation, writing application notes and knowledge-based articles.
- 10+ years of applicable experience. Technical support experience is a plus.
- BS (or higher) in Electrical Engineering or a related major.
- Strong background in computer architectures.
- Knowledgeable on SoC design and verification methodology, flow, and EDA tools.
- Experience with programming in hardware languages, assembly and high-level languages like C, Scala, Python etc.
- Experience with development environments such as Linux, Git, Jira, and Confluence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver customer trainings.
- Self-starter, fast learner, strong problem-solving skills.
If you want to do incredible work and be challenged by exciting, truly innovative projects that will test the boundaries of your skills and creativity, then SiFive is the place for you! Be proud of your work. Do things better. Join SiFive.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a flexible work environment, enabling our employees to work smarter and in their own way, a generous time-off policy, an employee stock option program, pension scheme and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.
This position requires a successful background and reference checks and satisfactory proof of your right to work in:Korea, Republic of
Any offer of employment for this position is also contingent on the Company verifying that you are a authorized for access to export-controlled technology under applicable export control laws or, if you are not already authorized, our ability to successfully obtain any necessary export license(s) or other approvals.
SiFive is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.