San Mateo, CA
▪Core IP RTL Design
RTL Design Engineer - Core/SoC Interconnect
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP & SoC IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our shown success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of domain-specific hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive was founded and is actively run by the developers of RISC-V. If you are passionate about working with industry leaders and innovators, then send us your application today!
SiFive is looking for hardware engineers who are passionate about designing industry-leading CPU and interconnect IP to help drive the tidal wave of adoption of RISC-V as the architecture of choice for SoC designs across a broad variety of vertical applications. We build and maintain multiple CPU family lines, TileLink interconnects and other uncore/infrastructure IP, and are seeking motivated individuals to improve/evolve our existing IP, as well as develop new IP. Join us and surf the RISC-V wave with SiFive!
LOCATION: The person in this role can work out of our offices in the Bay Area, CA or Austin, TX. However, due to the current restrictions surrounding COVID-19, this position is work-from-home until further notice.
- Architect, design and implement an enhanced TileLink interconnect, high-level cache controllers, protocol bridges, and other infrastructure/uncore logic as RTL generators, including both open-source and proprietary designs.
- Improve current designs and work on future designs to provide higher performance, more efficient multi-core and multi-cluster system coherence.
- Integrate new design content into SiFive’s Chisel/FIRRTL framework and contribute to improvements to that framework to enable automatic configuration/generation of design collateral.
- Microarchitecture development and specification. Ensure that knowledge is shared via great documentation and participation in a culture of collaborative design.
- Perform initial sandbox verification, and work with design verification team to create and execute thorough verification test plans.
- Work with physical implementation team to implement and optimize physical design to meet frequency, area, power goals.
- 5+ yrs of recent industry experience with coherent fabric, protocols for scalable multi-core and multi-cluster SoC designs.
- Knowledge of cache and cache coherency architectures and concepts.
- Experience with NoC or other interconnect fabrics.
- Experience with industry standard bus protocols (e.g. AMBA). Knowledge of TileLink is a plus.
- Ability to architect solutions to connect bus fabrics of disparate protocols.
- Strong software engineering skills/background, including:
- Proficiency with hardware (RTL) design in Verilog, System Verilog, or VHDL.
- Experience with Chisel, Bluespec, or other HDL for expressing configurable hardware via software is a plus.
- Attention to detail and a focus on high-quality design.
- Ability to work well with others and a belief that engineering is a team sport.
- BS/MS degree in EE, CE, CS or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
object-oriented, aspect-oriented, and particularly functional programming;
compiler infrastructures and data modeling for intermediate representations, particularly for domain-specific languages.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision, and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you.
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.