▪Core IP RTL Design
RTL Design Engineer - Power Management
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP & SoC IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our shown success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of domain-specific hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive was founded and is actively run by the developers of RISC-V. If you are passionate about working with industry leaders and innovators, then send us your application today!
As a Power Management/Reset/Clock Microarchitect/RTL design engineer at SiFive, you will be part of a team of engineers who are passionate about designing industry-leading CPU core, subsystem and SoC IP based on the revolutionary open RISC-V and TileLink architectures. You will create power management, reset, and clocking solutions that provide the central nervous system for cutting-edge RISC-V CPU and SoC IP designs. You will work in a fast-paced dynamic environment to bring new hardware IP to market quickly, with high quality and exceptional performance - delivering hardware at the speed of software!
LOCATION: The person in this role can work out of our offices in the Bay Area, CA or Austin, TX. However, due to the current restrictions surrounding COVID-19, this position is work-from-home until further notice.
- Work with architecture team to understand and define power management requirements.
- Architect, design and implement core clocking, reset and power management solutions.
- Microarchitecture development and specification. Ensure that knowledge is shared via great documentation and participation in a culture of collaborative design.
- Perform initial sandbox verification, and work with design verification team to create and execute thorough verification test plans.
- Work with physical implementation team to implement and optimize physical design to meet frequency, area, power goals.
- Work with software team to enable and optimize power management features.
- 7+ years of recent industry experience in CPU and SoC clocking, reset, and power-management logic designs.
- Experience in high-performance, energy-efficient CPU and SoC designs.
- Expertise in CPU and SoC clocking, reset design, and power management, including:
- Understanding of DFT and MBIST, Debug and Error handling in CPU designs.
- Proficiency with hardware (RTL) design in Verilog, System Verilog, or VDHL.
- Experience with Scala and/or Chisel is a plus.
- Attention to detail and a focus on high-quality design.
- Ability to work well with others and a belief that engineering is a team sport.
- Knowledge of at least one object-oriented and/or functional programming language.
- Background of successful CPU or SoC development from architecture through tapeout.
- BS/MS degree in EE, CE, CS or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
Reset control and design strategies;
Clock generation, dynamic clocking, clock gating, and clock boundary crossing strategies;
Power state definition and management and Power Management Unit (PMU) design;
Dynamic and static power management techniques, including retention and power-up/down sequencing;
Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling (DVFS) and Di/dt mitigation strategies; and
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision, and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you.
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.