▪Core IP Verification
Design Verification Engineer
Please note that this position is based in Hsinchu, Taiwan.
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP & SoC IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our shown success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of domain-specific hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive was founded and is actively run by the developers of RISC-V. If you are passionate about working with industry leaders and innovators, then send us your application today!
As a Verification Engineer on the Design Verification team, you will participate in the definition, implementation, and execution of our verification strategy, as well as being a key participant in the analysis of our verification quality of results.
This verification position is a highly visible role, the simple purpose of which is to ensure the silicon works. What will you work on when you join our team? By its design philosophy, RISC-V is highly configurable, and we have several different configurations in our design pipeline, with various combinations of supported instruction set and with various peripherals and bus interconnect architectures. Implementing design verification methodologies that can accommodate such variation is a challenging task, to be addressed in this role.
- Review and influence product definition and specifications from a verification perspective
- Architect and design debug and verification hooks as needed
- Select the best tools and methods for verification
- Help to prioritize the verification work efforts
- Brainstorm and drive solutions across disciplines to improve product quality and engineering productivity
- A minimum of 3 years of recent experience with standard verification tools and methodologies (UVM, Verdi/DVE, Verilog, Makefiles, scripting languages, etc.)
- Familiarity with and/or ability to learn languages and methodologies that are not part of the industry standard approach to verification (Scala, Chisel, etc.)
- A conscientious and thorough approach to Design Verification
- Solid understanding of processor and SoC architecture, or a strong desire and ability to learn same
- A passion for verification as a long term career path
- Good interpersonal skills to listen to diverse points of view and influence people from different disciplines
- An unwavering commitment to product quality
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off, health benefits, employee stock option program, and much more. In addition to these, in the Taiwan office, we provide extra regional benefits including team-building events, annual physical examination, and education reimbursement.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you.
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.