Senior Staff ASIC Design Engineer
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP & SoC IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our shown success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of domain-specific hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive was founded and is actively run by the developers of RISC-V. If you are passionate about working with industry leaders and innovators, then send us your application today!
As a Senior Staff ASIC Design Engineer, you will be joining a SoC frontend design team working on a RISC-V based AI enabled application processors, and you will focus on leading ASIC designs from concept to silicon validation while leading all aspects of the overall digital design.
- Define, architect, and write ASIC design specifications, micro-architecture, Partition designs, integration details;
- RTL design to implement various data path control logic, custom state machines, communication protocols like USB, I2C, UART, SPI using verilog, SVerilog, VHDL;
- Integration and debug of embedded CPUs like ARM, RISC-V integration and peripherals in various ASIC designs;
- Develop block/system level RTL to meet physical, DFT, and power goals;
- Collaborate with internal and external design teams to complete the SoC developments at different stages;
- Collaborate with the verification team to develop block level verification test benches & tests;
- Work with the systems and software teams on emulation platforms and lead the bring-up of your designed blocks;
- Play a key role in the bring-up of your design elements in the device prototype;
- Low power digital design techniques to achieve overall PPA;
- Scripting using Perl, Python, Tcl to support various activities in the ASIC development;
- Writing timing constraints for the designs, Synthesis and Timing closure.
- 10+ years in digital IC design;
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree;
- Proven track record of successful tapeouts of multiple chips in submicron technologies;
- Outstanding teamwork skills as a standout colleague;
- Willingness to go the extra mile to achieve organization goals;
- Fluency in Verilog and System Verilog languages, VHDL;
- Proficiency in RTL coding, clock domain definitions, simulation, debugging, defining constraints for synthesis and static timing analysis (STA), and back annotated timing closure;
- Proficiency in synthesis tool use (Design Compiler or Genus);
- Analyze dynamic power consumption and insert clock gating or alternate logic design techniques as needed to achieve power consumption targets;
- Experience with embedded CPU IP and peripheral component designs;
- Experience with DDR4/ LPDDR Controller design, integration;
- Understanding of different Video and Audio Codecs;
- Understanding of DFT, and Test interfaces for IC testability.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then we believe SiFive is the place for you.
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.