NoC and SoC Architect (Flexible location worldwide)
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
As the NoC (Network-on-Chip) and SoC (System-on-chip) Architect, you will be vital to SiFive’s efforts to create silicon at the speed of software. You will be tasked with creating the basic collateral and specifications that can be reused across SiFive’s SoC design ecosystem. The NoC architect will also serve as a SoC architect to create new, highly configurable SoCs designs, based on the open-source RISC-V ISA, for SiFive’s clients.
We build NoC & SoC designs for exciting new use cases, such as autonomous driving, 5G networking, wearables, or IoT. At SiFive, you will find the unique chance to design chips more quickly and for more devices than would be technologically possible at any other company, because we are reducing the time needed for chip design and verification down from months to weeks.
- Designing NoC and SoC architecture.
- Creating scalable coherent and non-coherent NoCs to integrate components in a given customizable chip; each chip will be further customized to be able to incorporate different types of SoC IP connected with the NoC.
- Developing the upcoming multicore platform, which will connect numerous cores together on a chip, support large bandwidth, as well as new applications and workloads.
- Researching and analyzing emerging needs for new NoC/SoC architecture.
- Working closely with our customers to tailor NoCs & SoCs to their needs.
- 8+ years of experience in NoC and/or SoC development and chip architecture definition.
- Familiarity with advanced CPU architectures and pipelines.
- Demonstrated experience in NoC and/or SoC design flow, including spec definition, microarchitecture design, and performance modeling.
- Comprehension of the basics of interconnection network design, including deadlock and livelock avoidance; AXI/AMBA protocols; SoC components, such as PCIe, DDR, and peripherals; memory coherence, consistency, and ordering.
- Basic understanding of RTL design & SoC tool flows; foundry lib, IP, and process technology limitations.