Bare Metal Embedded Software Lead
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive is looking for an experienced Bare Metal Embedded Software Lead to help define and lead our bare metal embedded software projects. As the lead, you will work with SiFive Product Managers and our Engineering teams to define and implement the most fundamental software layers that our customers and internal teams will use to build outstanding products.
- Closely collaborating with product management to define and execute the technical roadmap for SiFive’s embedded software efforts.
- Leading a small software engineering team and ensuring the projects are delivered to completion.
- Representing the team to other technical and management partners inside SiFive.
- Working with our Engineering and Recruiting teams to find and hire more developers to execute on the road map.
- Documenting how our bare metal software stack fits together and implementing key components and APIs.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded SW development; prior and recent experience as a bare metal embedded software lead is a must.
- 3+ years of experience using the git revision control system and release/branching models;
- 3+ years of experience using vendor-provided bare metal embedded SDKs, such as CMSIS.
- Must be familiar with static analysis tools and CI/CD/CT; build automation tools, such as Make; JTAG debugging.
- Strong ability to write in C, and experience in writing C++.
- Must have experience with RTOSes, for example, FreeRTOS, ThreadX, Zephyr, etc.
- Experience as a technical lead or architect for a critical and high-impact software project.