Physical Flow Integration Engineer
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
As a Physical Flow Integration Engineer, you will be joining a small team to architect, build and maintain physical design flows that work with SiFive’s generated RTL code. You will work closely with logic design, physical design and other teams to bring SiFive’s processor IP to market, as well as developing industry-leading automation to support SoC designs in a variety of vertical markets. This is the perfect opportunity for a tool-focused software engineer looking to expand their horizons and become more directly involved in developing innovative products in silicon.
- Develop modular, reusable and scalable flows that interface industry standard physical design tools with cutting-edge RTL generation engines.
- Create, deploy, support, and maintain frameworks for automating generation of CPU core performance data and other collateral.
- Collaborate with digital design and physical design engineers to validate RTL generator outputs over a wide design space.
- Establish coding standards and conventions that enable parallel development work across teams under one cohesive framework.
- 2+ years experience working with physical design flows (Cadence, Synopsys toolsets).
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Interest in building modular, scalable and resilient flows and tools.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash or Ruby.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Experience with developing and releasing development tools.
- Software and API design skills.