ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
Field Application Engineering Manager
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
This role is part of OpenFive, USA & Open-Silicon, China, SoC IP organization. As a Field Application Engineering Manager, you will own the pre-sales technical discussions with current and prospective customers around IP (Memory, Interface, Networking), SoC architecture, and articulate a solution based on SoC IP that can bring a differentiated value proposition to the customer needs. Collaborating closely with the Sales team to help meet Sales targets, you will also act as the customer’s voice within the company, to enable delivery of market focused solutions for our customers. You will also have the chance to participate in new product introduction, marketing, and promotion activities.
The ideal candidate will have some background in SoC IP, Ethernet and Memory Interfaces & SoC implementation. Prior experience in a customer facing support/pre-sales role and marketing in US/Asia would be added advantage.
- Working with Sales, Application and Engineering teams and take technical ownership of customer accounts.
- Understanding customer’s technical requirements & proposing solutions to help build best in class SoCs.
- Owning and driving customer product evaluations, creating and performing product demos, running customer benchmarks or PPA analysis on customer configurations.
- Providing technical product training to customers.
- Representing the customer internally with an ability to clearly articulate detailed technical requirements to various internal team members.
- Supporting Marketing activities as needed in the form of webinars, blog posts, writing application notes, assisting with tradeshows.
- 8-10 years of proven experience in field applications engineering.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with SoC IP based on Memory, Ethernet, Interlaken, or others.
- Track record of successful customer engagements in US and Asia.