ProductsSiFive Core IPSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
TechnologyRISC-VSiFive IntelligenceScalable MicroarchitecturesMix+MatchRelentless InnovationTrace+DebugSecurity
Junior Hardware Applications Engineer
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Applications Engineer to work in our Customer Experience organization. We are seeking motivated candidates with broad experience and excellent communication skills. The Applications Engineer is a critical role which ensures customer success designing with SiFive IP. You will develop a rich experience of industry needs and SiFive solutions.
- Supporting customers using SiFive IPs and resolving integration and implementation issues.
- Supporting and raising customer issues as required, including on-site customer support.
- Collaborating with the Engineering, Marketing, and Sales teams to demonstrate SiFive products and values to customers, resolving technical issues, and representing customer needs internally.
- Delivering customer trainings.
- Improving documentation, writing application notes and knowledge-based articles.
- 3+ years of applicable experience. Technical support experience is a plus.
- BS (or higher) in Electrical Engineering or a related major.
- Strong background in computer architectures.
- Knowledgeable on SoC design and verification methodology, flow, and EDA tools.
- Experience with programming in hardware languages, assembly and high-level languages like C, Scala, Python etc.
- Experience with development environments such as Linux, Git, Jira, and Confluence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver customer trainings.
- Self-starter, fast learner, strong problem-solving skills.