ProductsSiFive Core IPSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
TechnologyRISC-VSiFive IntelligenceScalable MicroarchitecturesMix+MatchRelentless InnovationTrace+DebugSecurity
Senior Technical Program Manager
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
This position is for Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM), within a newly formed Program Management Office (PMO) within SiFive. The primary charter for this group is to coordinate, lead and track cross functional execution on key programs in the company through the entire product life cycle (PLC). As a TPM at SiFive, you will work with engineers passionate about designing industry-leading CPU cores, the tools, software and infrastructure to realize that vision, and product managers and marketing personnel to include business goals and metrics for a program. SiFive is a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of opportunity, and we are looking for people who are as excited as we are about bringing new IP and complete solutions to market quickly, with high quality, and exceptional performance.
- Collaborating with various team members and technical leads in cross-functional teams to develop schedules, resourcing allocation, and overall plans to meet program goals.
- Building a plan for effective execution, monitoring/tracking and identifying critical paths, program risks and issues, from planning through execution, delivery, and support phases.
- Co-ordinating cross-functional group activities, tracking dependencies. Driving teams to meet schedules and goals.
- Participating in technical discussions, and being able to resolve high-level project issues.
- Leadin tasks, issues reporting and resolution.
- Responsible for effective and consistent communication and reporting of overall program status.
- Participating in developing and improving project, program management and product life cycle processes.
- 4+ years of experience with CPU design background. Technical CPU engineering knowledge is required.
- 5+ yrs of technical leadership and program management experience leading CPU programs across cross-functional teams, including hardware and software engineering, and product marketing teams.
- Track record of driving project development and program management across cross-functional teams with well-defined metrics, from concept through tapeout.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and can drive engineering decisions.
- Proficiency with Git/Github, JIRA, Confluence.
- Excellent organization, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Experience with project and program management tools and processes for effective and efficient planning and execution.
- BS/MS degree in EE, CE, CS or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.