ProductsSiFive Core IPSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
TechnologyRISC-VSiFive IntelligenceScalable MicroarchitecturesMix+MatchRelentless InnovationTrace+DebugSecurity
LLVM Compiler Lead
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
We at SiFive are proud to take a software first approach to develop tools and frameworks that achieve cutting edge performance without compromising quality for the SiFive Intelligence processor family. The SiFive Intelligence processors deliver AI acceleration for the edge and beyond. SiFive intelligence builds on RISC-V Vectors (RVV) allowing SiFive to design Core IPs that deliver performance, are optimized for power and area, but do not sacrifice flexibility or programmability. Our software stack is codesigned with the hardware and developed with scalability and quality in mind. Join us to develop a revolutionary software from the ground up.
Our LLVM based, world class compiler technology is the backbone of the SiFive software stack that enables SiFive high-performance Linux-capable cores and SiFive Intelligence processors. The compiler team's mission is to deliver cutting-edge performance in SiFive products while working with the community to advance RISC-V architecture and ISA extensions. SiFive is an active participant in the RISC-V ecosystem that opens a vast opportunity to develop the next generation of computer architecture and compiler technology. SiFive engineers are active members and maintainers in many open source projects, and our mission is to work with and drive the RSIC-V ecosystem.
We are looking for a solid LLVM compiler team leader with proven experience in compiler technology such as SSA-based global optimizations, auto-vectorization, ISA extensions, and high-performance computing. The candidate should demonstrate a track record in leadership, cross-team collaboration, planning, and delivering high quality compiler products.
- Leading a geographically distributed LLVM-based compiler team in developing a LLVM based compiler for SiFive processors..
- Closely collaborating with SiFive’s Algorithms, Frameworks and Hardware teams in implementing optimized vertical solutions for AI and other domains.
- Planning the development alongside hardware, software, and product organizations to deliver a combined hardware and software quality products.
- Collaborating with RISC-V open source projects, upstreaming changes and coordinating internally and externally with cross geographical and distributed ecosystems.
- Building, leading, inspiring and growing the software organization alongside other software leaders.
- 3+ years of experience in technical leadership of a compiler team.
- 5+ years of experience in compiler technology.
- 5+ years of experience in SSA-based optimizations for high performance architectures.
- Experience with open source contributions.
- Experience with hardware specific optimizations such as SIMD or other specialized accelerators.