ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
Power Management Verification Engineer
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
We at SiFive are looking for a Verification Engineer to join our growing team working on implementing a novel application of verification methodologies to parameterizable CPU IP generators. SiFive is looking for someone with outstanding knowledge and skills in verification and CPU power management who will build an environment to be used specifically with SiFive’s functional programming-based hardware design suite.
Location: The ideal candidate for this position can work out of one of our US offices or remotely from home, collaborating with the HQ in San Mateo, CA. However, all positions are currently remote until further notice.
- Architect test methodologies applicable to a wide range of CPU designs for CPU Power Management.
- Understand CPU multi-core power management from an architectural level and create effective verification strategies for these designs.
- Build test plans to implement these strategies, considering issues such as design feature priority, potential customer impact, coverage metrics generation and measurability, etc.
- Develop tools, test benches, and test suites (UVM, C++/C or otherwise, as needed) to execute test plans.
- Development and use of full IP and unit level test benches that use constrained random stimulus
- Use of assembly code Random test generators to meet verification objectives in single and multi-core CPU environments.
- Writing directed assembly tests as appropriate to test power management.
- Provide technical leadership for verification engineers and coordinate technical teams to execute our verification strategies to meet program goals.
- Collaborate closely with the design team on feature specifications, test plans and failure analysis.
- 7+ years of recent experience with standard verification tools and methodologies (UVM, Verdi/DVE, System Verilog, Verilog, Makefiles, scripting languages, etc.), especially in hands-on testbench development and test suite generation.
- Solid understanding of CPU power management and how that impacts both the RTL and verification environment.
- Experience with industry standard system bus protocols (e.g. AMBA AXI, AHB, APB) is preferred. Knowledge of TileLink is a plus.
- A thorough understanding of the high-level verification flow methodology (testplan generation, test generation, failure analysis, coverage analysis and closure).
- Ability to effectively assess the design verification metrics, remaining state space to be covered, and efficient methods to achieve verification closure.
- Verification experience in test planning, constrained random test generation, test stimulus, code coverage, functional coverage.
- Ability to learn languages and methodologies that are not part of the industry standard to verification (Scala, Chisel, etc.).