ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
RTL Design Engineer - RISC-V Vector CPU
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
As a RISC-V Vector CPU Designer at SiFive, you'll be part of a global team designing the best vector-enabled CPU cores in the world, based on the revolutionary open RISC-V architecture. You'll master the art of designing hardware as configurable generators in a hardware-enhanced software language. You will be working in a fast-paced dynamic environment to bring new hardware IP to market quickly, with high quality and exceptional performance
- Architecting, designing and implementing enhanced and new vector processing units for RISC-V CPU Core generators in Chisel.
- Working with software, compiler and performance analysis teams to optimize performance of new vector cores on key applications and kernels.
- Designing in extensive configurability as a first-class consideration.
- “Plumb” new design content into the SiFive’s Chisel/FIRRTL framework to enable automatic configuration/generation of documentation, verification testbenches and tests, and packaged software.
- Performing initial sandbox verification, and work with design verification team to create and execute thorough verification test plans.
- Ensuring that knowledge is shared via great documentation and a participation in a culture of collaborative design.
- 4+ years of recent industry experience in CPU design
- Knowledge of vector architecture and concepts.
- Prior experience designing high-performance vector and/or SIMD processors/units.
- Proficiency with hardware (RTL) design in Verilog, System Verilog, or VHDL.
- Attention to detail and a focus on high-quality design.
- Ability to work well with others and a belief that engineering is a team sport.
- Knowledge of at least one object-oriented and/or functional programming language.
- BS/MS in EE, CE, CS or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.