ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
Software Engineer - Compilers and Ecosystem
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
As a Software Engineer in the Platform Engineering team, you will architect and implement features and compiler internals for the language that drives our sandboxing, verification and delivery workflows. You will use your understanding of functional programming to architect and maintain the systems that allow SiFive to design and deliver our primary product to our customers.
- Architecting and implementing language features and compiler internals that drive a functional language to enable development and delivery of SiFive’s RISC-V core IP products.
- Developing tools required by a language ecosystem such as a language server protocol for interacting with IDEs.
- Owning architecture and code quality to facilitate meeting expanding requirements for business processes, efficiency and usability.
- Collaborating with design, verification and other teams within SiFive to define the next generation of flow automation.
- Proficiency in C++11.
- Previous experience in compiler development.
- Familiarity with functional programming languages such as ML, Scala, Haskell, Lisp, or F#.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience defining build rules in a build system.
- Ability to work and learn independently.