ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
Senior Software Engineer
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
We at SiFive are expanding our development tools offering to include performance tools for our Performance and SiFive Intelligence processors. The SiFive Development Solutions Group (DSG) has taken a leadership role in the RISC-V Debug Specification and as a result has deployed industry leading debug and trace solutions. It’s our intention to expand our RISC-V Working Group presence to include those groups working on performance measurement related specifications. We plan to develop and deploy software performance tools that comply with these specifications.
We are looking for a Software Engineer for our new software performance tools initiative. The tools planned over the next 2 years will be state-of-the-art and be used both internally and by the SiFive customer base and become an integral part of Freedom Studio, our Eclipse based IDE. The successful candidate will possess the ability to work with other functional groups within SiFive and be comfortable with customer-facing presentations. You will have the unique opportunity to work on innovative performance tools for an ISA that is transforming the industry. You will be the technical lead on this project, working with a team of engineers to plan, schedule, design, implement, test, deploy, and support these tools.
- Leading the design and implementation of DSG performance tool solutions.
- Working closely with the Product and Architecture Groups to define the product features and implementation strategy.
- Working directly with SiFive customers, when needed, to provide awesome customer support.
- Experience creating project plans (MRDs, Design Proposals, etc).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with tuning the performance of applications using performance counters and other technologies. Our solutions will be used for bare-metal, FreeRTOS, and Linux based target systems.
- Knowledge of tools like Linux perf, vTune, ARM StreamLine, Trace Compass, etc.
- Proven experience with all phases of the software development life-cycle.
- You love building tools that make other developers more productive.